Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Just want to wish everyone a happy Valentine's Day, especially to my Valentine.


Jeff and I have never really made that big of a deal out of Valentine's Day. We always make a date out of it and usually buy something that we have wanted together. One year we bought a set of pots and pans. I have a vague memory of being told that if I ever tell anyone at a party that he got me pots and pans for Valentine's I'd be in trouble. But it wasn't like that. We had wanted/needed a set, we hadn't been married for long and it was a good excuse to go spend a chunk of money on ourselves. This year that doesn't work so well.



Jeff sent me a beautiful pair of real diamond earrings. I have always wanted a real pair, but it has never been high on the priority list. But now I'm wearing a very pretty set of pretty diamonds. Yay! He also always gets me roses for Valentine's, one rose for each Valentine we have celebrated. This year I actually get a full dozen. I'm looking forward to the years when I'll get more than two dozen.





Jeff bought all the kids a Webkinz. They love the online Webkinz world. Danae got two for Christmas and suddenly Andrew was interested in stuffed animals. So everyone got one that daddy picked out especially for them. (I had to email Jeff a link and an explanation of what the big deal was.) Jeff also always buys our girls flowers. This year 'he' bought them a dozen tulips. They are very sweet just like my girls.

Jeff, I love you. I'm grateful to be the focus of your love and devotion. You fill my life with joy and more love than I ever thought possible. Thanks for being such an amazing man.

Happy V-day to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. so sorry you couldn't enjoy valentines with jeff this year. but it sounds like a lot of love is going back and forth between you. very cute about the flowers from daddy for his girls.

    happy valentine's too!

    ReplyDelete