Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blue and Gold Banquet 2009

Tonight was Andrew's Blue and Gold Banquet for cub scouts. This is the first one he has actually been able to attend. Last year he came down with Strep the night before. So he was excited to be able to decorate a cake with Grandpa and go get his Bear award. He just finished the requirements for his bear award and he also got two arrow points.
Andrew and Grandpa had fun making cupcakes into a basket of apples. The theme was USA ABCs. Meaning, all the states in the union. So each kid got to pick a state to represent. Andrew chose Washington and he made a basket of Washington Apples.



The boys were also asked to do the centerpiece for your table with their state as the theme. I asked Andrew what he thought represented Washington and he said, "Lots of trees." So, we made the state flag by using a green table cloth and printing up the seal on the computer. Then we made a bunch of trees to go around it.



First thing were the awards. Andrew got his Bear patch and I got a pin.



Then we ate hot dogs and chips for dinner, what's more American than that? After dinner they awarded certificates for the cake decorating. Andrew got "Most Imaginative." And the cupcakes disappeared. They were the first cake gone. I was happy not to bring home red frosting. I even went to the kitchen and washed the platter.



Congratulations Andrew!! I'm so proud of you and how hard you work on Scouts. Good Job!!

4 comments:

  1. love the red cupcake idea and the flag with the trees!!!! very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the cupcakes & the centerpiece. I'm not suprised if Sarah was involved. Good job Andrew on your patch! I'm glad he chose Washington!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea about the apple basket. Way to go Andrew! Good job on your award! By the way Sarah, you look fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jenn! I haven't been working as hard as I should, but I'm getting back into it. :o) 80 down at least 50 to go :o)

    ReplyDelete