For fourth graders in Rocklin, back to school night means Square Dancing. I had to do it when I was in the fourth grade. Andrew got to do it too. The difference? I LOVED it. Andrew, not so much. I made him smile for this first picture.
I'm not exactly sure who is leading here. . . Well. I guess it is obvious it isn't Andrew. When they had to promenade around the circle she would grab his hand, duck under it and spin around, grab his other hand and start promenading.
Then half way around the circle he would take control and start dragging her. When they got back to their starting spots he would abruptly stop in place and kind of throw her into hers. Pretty funny, but really, someone needs to teach that kid some manners.
Danae's class did a little performance too. They sang some songs together and recited poems in little groups. Everyone got a little giggle out of watching Danae. She made up her own hand signals to 'demonstrate' each phrase in the songs. She was enthusiastic, that's for sure. Too bad no one else was.

This was one of her poems.

After
Danae's performance we went to the
VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts) room and looked at their handmade art. In her left hand she is holding a giraffe made out of wood and paint. In her right hand she is holding a ceramic owl.
VAPA was
Danae's very favorite part of school. I think she even liked it better than recess. She came home from school today and with a sad face told me she went to her last
VAPA class of the year. Good thing we have some art classes scheduled for the summer. :0)

This is Andrew's ceramic creation in
VAPA. I think it would be fun to let you all take guesses on what he made. No cheating, decide what you think it is before you click on comment.
I'll edit the results into this post next week. Good luck with that. :0)

We had a lot of fun wandering the school and enjoying the end of year activities. After the classrooms we went to look at
Danae's class science project in the cafeteria. Then we went out for ice cream. That is what you're supposed to do after a performance night. Just so you know. :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment