Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cooking Class and The Lion King

Last week was a very fun and busy week. The cooking class went really well, Genella did a great job. We made yummy pretzels and Muddy Buddies. If you haven't tried Muddy Buddies, go buy a box of Chex cereal with the recipe on the side. They are a chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar covered Chex cereal treat. SO yummy and really only take about 15 minutes to make. . . Even less to eat. :o) (I can email you the recipe if you would rather. :o) We had lots of fun cooking, eating and hanging out.


Then on Thursday we went to see the Lion King in Sacramento. It was very well done and the kids loved it. Adria asked if we could "go home now" as soon as the animal gathering was finished at the beginning. But they all did wonderfully well and we all enjoyed ourselves.


After the show we walked down K Street to Hard Rock Cafe. It is always fun to go to Hard Rock. They have yummy food and it is fun to read about all the memorabilia they have on their walls. I will probably always remember this trip because it is where I found out that Michael Jackson had passed away. I think it was a pretty appropriate location and made it so I will probably never forget "where I was when I heard." Sad to hear, in my opinion, especially because he was planning a comeback tour.

It was a really fun day, and a really fun week. Although some mornings this summer I have asked myself why I have scheduled myself so thin this summer, I'm having a wonderful time with my kids and I think all the fun activities will be worth the effort. Best of all, when the classes and trips all run out it will be time for Jeff to visit. Yippee. Only 33 days left! Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment