Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First Summer Craft Class

Genella and I were looking for crafty classes and cooking classes for our kids to attend this summer. They really wanted to do them but with all the other expensive things they are doing those classes were being pushed aside. So we decided to do them ourselves. Six kids are enough to plan a class. I'm doing a craft class once a week and Genella is doing a cooking class once a week. Today we made T-shirts for the 4th of July. I found these shirts on the Family Fun Website. I embellished their idea a little by making a 2009 stencil and gluing red, white and blue jewel stars on them to add a little glitter. The kids had a lot of fun and I think they turned out really well. I'm sure I spent at least as much as the Old Navy Ts, but these are custom made. :o)

After they were done decorating the shirts it was into the pool for everyone. I have to tell you I'm loving having a pool in my backyard again. The only drawback is chlorine and Danae's impending green hair.

Tomorrow we are going to make Pretzels at Genella's house. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. VERY cute shirts! and it looks like you had a ton of fun at the beach! glad you are having a good summer.

    ReplyDelete