Sunday, January 25, 2009

Singing in Church Today

Today we sang in church as a family. My mom just got released as the ward music chairman and as her last act in her calling she asked if we would sing as a family. So, my mom, Andrew, Danae, Adria and I sang "I'll Walk with You" during sacrament meeting today. We practiced it a few times this week. Andrew and Danae did very well. Adria didn't really know the words so I was just going to hold her in my arms while we sang so our whole family was there. (Or at least as much as could be.) Well, we got up front and Adria saw the nice wooden stool next to the podium. She asked to stand on it instead of being held. I thought, not a big deal, right? She would stand right there next to me while we sang and then we'd go sit down. I'm right there, right? She's not the type to run away. Not a big deal. Well, we started singing and Adria started dancing. She was just doing a little dance at first so I just put my hand on her arm to settle her down a bit. Then the girls in the family right in front of her started to giggle and that got her going. So her motions got bigger and bigger. The grip on her arm got tighter and tighter, but she didn't mind. I couldn't do anything. If I picked her up she might have screamed and wiggled herself back down and I figured the dancing was less of a distraction. So I just let her dance, trying to minimize it as well as I could. The most embarrassing part was when we were finished singing I picked her up and she said at full voice, "Mom! Those girls laugh at me. They like my dance! Those girls." And she turned and pointed across the room. I felt my face blush as I forced her pointing arm back down to her side. Little giggles from all around. Nice, my little three year old steals the show.

4 comments:

  1. That is too funny! I think every parent has had an embarrasing moment involving their children during sacrament mtg...I know I have! It'll be a fun story to tell:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is honestly so hilarious!!!!!!!! Though not exciting for you to have to deal with. But what a memory that your whole ward will not forget for sure! Nor you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny now and funny to retell it. But not so funny at the moment. But I guess that is how it goes. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish that I could have been there for it! It would have been fun to see! I can say that because she isn't my child, just my niece. Maybe I can give her dancing lessons so next time no one will laugh. JK!! I do love you, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete