Sunday, November 22, 2009

Arrow of Light

Andrew has worked very hard these last few months to earn his Arrow of Light before we move. We're not sure of the cub scout availability on Post in Germany, so we decided to get it done before we leave. We were both sad that Jeff couldn't be here to celebrate with us, but I felt that receiving the award with 5 other cub scouts from his troop was important. I video taped the whole thing for Jeff's viewing pleasure. Our pack does a good job going all out for the Arrow of Light ceremonies. They decorate the gym, the boy scouts come and run the ceremony and there are always refreshments to be had.
This first picture is before everything started.

Yay, another Cub Scout Mom pin.
He also earned 4 belt loops, 6 activity badges, his Conservation Patch, another compass point and his Arrow of Light. These last few weeks have been a lot of fun for him. I gave Grandpa Bender a list of the badges that he was really close to earning and what needed to do to earn them and they set to the task. Some mornings they spent 45 minutes doing science, first aid and even learned how to check the oil in the car and the tire pressure. Andrew LOVED the one on one time with Grandpa, and I think Grandpa was pretty happy with it too. After the Arrow of Light ceremony was over Grandpa asked me if the plan was to stop doing scout stuff until we leave. After a bit of chatting, I got out of him that he wanted to work on the Traveler activity badge with him and spend a few mornings pouring over maps and vacation plans. Pretty funny.

This is the entire group. I'm sending this to the local newspaper in hopes that they will be featured. :O)

All the belt loops he has been working on.

And the activity badges he has earned. He LOVES the pins. I think he is pretty proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment