Saturday, November 21, 2009

Danae's Big 8th Birthday Party

Yay. I love celebrating my kids birthdays. I do a big party for ages 5, 8, 12 and 16. So this was Danae's big year. We did a Hannah Montana Rock Star Party. Her invitations were a 4x6 photoshop creation for a backstage pass. I laminated them and attached a lanyard type string. I think the invitations turned out wonderfully. Danae invited her cousins and six little rocker chix.

This is a horrible picture, but I put a red carpet with tons of balloons in the front yard. Danae has her outfit on from the Miley Cyrus concert.

Again, it is difficult to see in the pictures, but the room was dark and the disco ball was going. It was pretty cool.

For the activities we first colored a black velvet Rock Star picture while we were waiting for everyone to show up. It was nice that Danae's birthday is in September so the markers were all on sale for $1 per 10 pack of Crayola as school supplies. We brought out the coloring table again at the end as we waited for the parents to come pick up the girls. One girl refused to leave until her picture was totally colored in. Then we did a dance routine. I have the Hannah Montana DVD game, and on it it teaches two 16 count dance routines. So we lined them all up in front of my mom's tv and they all learned the routines. They did really well and really got into it. Danae loves to dance, so it was perfect for her. Then we did some Karaoke. I bought the Disney Sing It game for Wii and they sang the Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus songs. I made a list of all the available songs and passed it out with the invitations so the girls would expect to do some Karaoke and be able to pick a favorite song before hand and maybe even learn it a little better. I think that really helped them enjoy the Karaoke a little more.

Then we opened presents. She got a truck load. It was really funny because Adria was wanting to be a part of her opening the presents, so I asked her to be the garbage girl and put all the wrapping paper into the trash bag. Well. She really got into it. Sometimes Danae didn't even have the paper off before she was pulling at it trying to put it in the trash. It was pretty cute.

This is the group shot. I love how affordable some of these wall decorations are getting. This one was $5.99 and made for a great backdrop for the individual pictures we took too.

This just cracked me up. Look at how intense Adria is. She LOVES her rocker shirt that we found (thank goodness for Halloween time). If you click on the image it should blow it up to full screen size so you can see the intense look on her face. Pretty funny.

All in all, I think the girls had a good time. We sent home a goodie bag full of rocker stuff from Oriental Trading and the velvet coloring page. Most of them also went home with a fake flower too. Danae doesn't like cake so she wanted to have "Dirt" for dessert. So I made them up the night before and put fake flowers in the cup to girlie them up a little. Most of the girls were insistent on taking the flower home (which is something I did not argue with :O).

No comments:

Post a Comment