Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Braces

You would have thought it was Christmas for Danae. She was SO excited to get her new braces. After she got them on we went to the grocery store so I could buy some Motrin to send her to school medicated for the new mouth pain. She told/showed everyone in that store that got close enough to hear her voice. But that is my Danae. She will tell you her life story as well as her Social Security Number with a minimal amount of encouragement.
So the reason she got braces is because one of her lateral incisors never came in. Never. It was supposed to come in during her first year of life, but it didn't. And now that her adult teeth are coming in they have to make a space for a fake tooth to be eventually. She only has two braces on the front two teeth and two on each side. But man, do they make her feel special. I guess I should be grateful. I'm definitely grateful for the fact that she is the type of kid that will take GREAT pride in the fact that she should brush her teeth after every meal or eating anything in her case. So, luckily we are having a very positive braces experience.
This is the best picture I could find of Danae's new braces. She got them on two days before Halloween. Which is a little sad in the candy regard. She couldn't have anything caramel or chewy or crunchy or gooey. That limits the candy selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment