Yay. Daddy came home. After 10 full months of being apart, Jeff was able to come home for two weeks of R&R in August. We were all SO excited to see him and spend some much needed vacation time with him. One of the few reasons airport security allows people at the terminal without a ticket is when a family member comes home from war. So we all went to the airport on Sunday before church and went and waited for Jeff's plane to arrive. We didn't have to wait long (because we were much later than I had planned) for his plane to come in. We were all standing there bouncing trying to see him through the crowd of people. FINALLY, he came off the airplane to a nice round of applause and much rejoicing. It was so wonderful to see him and great to feel supported by the people at the terminal. We exited pretty quickly and headed home. I made him drive because I know he likes to and hadn't been able to for almost a year. We got home, dressed for church and headed out pretty quickly. We arrived about 10 minutes after church started. I think that day was the most irreverent I have ever been at church as an adult. I couldn't stop talking to Jeff. I couldn't draw my attention away from him and focus on the speakers or the teachers. I'm sure we were distracting to everyone around us. Oh well. We were happy. We all had that perma-grin, as Jeff put it.
After church we went home and relaxed. That evening my mom made homemade enchiladies. I say "enchiladIES" because it is my Grandma's Americanized recipe. They are WONDERFUL, and very tasty, but not exactly authentic. Anyway it is always a treat when Grandma takes the time and effort to make enchiladies for us. It was the beginning to a wonderful few weeks together.


On Monday we all went swimming. It was actually really nice for me because the kids swarmed Jeff the entire time. They wouldn't leave him alone for a second. These pictures show it pretty well.
No comments:
Post a Comment