Saturday, November 21, 2009

Legally Blonde the Musical

In October my mom and I went to see Legally Blond the Musical at the Sacramento Convention center. It was SO good. I had watched the MTV reality show "The Search for Elle Woods" a few years back and really wanted to go see this while it was in town. It was neat because the lead was the third runner up in the MTV show. She did a great job. Luckily her strength was singing. She didn't win because she wasn't a full triple threat. She could sing and act, but was a pretty sucky dancer, if I remember right. But she did well that night. It was a pretty cute and funny show. This has been the year for musicals for me. I have taken every opportunity to go see a show. The only one I let pass was RENT. It was showing for a week in San Fransisco and I just couldn't arrange to get myself there. The stinky part is, I got an email the other day saying that RENT has been added to the Sacramento Convention Center's season next year and it will be there in February. Too bad I'll be approximately 5652 miles away from here at that time. So the plays that I have seen over the last year are:
Spam a Lot - Golden Gate Theater in San Fransisco
Lion King - Sac Convention Ctr in Sacramento
Into the Woods - Yuba City (my sisters Esther & Selina were in this show)
Wicked - Orpheum Theater in San Fransisco
Cats - The Magic Circle in Sacramento
Legally Blonde the Musical - Sac Convention Center
Little Shop of Horrors - Yuba City (my sister Selina was in this one)
SO much fun. I heart musicals :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment