Sunday, November 22, 2009

Build A Bear

As if Adria wasn't spoiled enough for her birthday, Grandma took her to Build A Bear for her present. She also had some money from Grandma Case so she could go freakin' hog wild with everything a little pink bear could ever ask for. This is the bear, pink, naked and empty. She loved her from the start.

Then the odd guy filled the bear up for her. She wasn't very fond of the guy, so wouldn't participate very much.

Then we went to the "bath area" where the bear got an air bath to wash away all the extra fluff. Adria returned to the bath area a few times. She loves it when things are her height and size.


Here she is all dressed up when we got home. Blond wig and all. Adria named her Ainsley after her good friend in Puyallup. Then this Thursday when her babysitter came she suddenly changed her name to Avonlea, named after her babysitter. I think Avonlea is going stick. The bear's birthday is the same as Adria's and she has been wearing Adria's matching PJs for a few days now.

That night we went to Woody's for her birthday dinner. She was pretty excited to be sung to. Mostly, the waitress had three balloons for her and that got her attention very well. I never seem to take many pictures in restaurants. So this is outside because Adria insisted that she needed to be the Hawaiian girl.

Then lastly, I've been telling Adria for two months now that when she turns four she has to throw away her "Doo, Doos" aka her pacifiers. She has been allowed to have them only in bed thus far. Mostly because I wasn't willing to put up a fight as a single mom AND I like the dumb things. When she is tired in the middle of the day, all I have to do is offer her the pacifier and she'll go run into bed and go to sleep. I mean, who is going to willingly give that up? But I guess I had to. So she threw them away the night of her birthday. Then a half hour later she came to me and said she had changed her mind and wanted them back, she even promised to wash them. I told her no, sorry honey. Then a half hour later I heard her in the bathroom using the sink. Ya. She had gotten them out of the trash can and was washing them. So I took them back and put them back in the trash and talked to her about it. She told me a half dozen times that night that she changed her mind and she "WANTED her DOO DOO." I didn't give in, yay me! Then after bed I went in to check on her and she was laying there, dead asleep with a pacifier in her mouth. Yup. She fished it out of the trash, (hopefully washed it) and hid it in her room until after I left. Danae didn't even know she had it. So I plucked it out of her sleeping little mouth and took it over to Grandma's house and threw it in her trash can so Adria couldn't find it again. Poor thing. Poor me, is more like it. . . She did pretty well. She asked for it now and again for the next few days, but she has given up and forgotten now. Well, maybe not forgotten, but at least she doesn't ask for it anymore (and I've checked, she doesn't have one hidden for night time after I've gone.) She's officially a BIG Girl now!

No comments:

Post a Comment