So. This is me, getting to be a proud wife and share some amazing news that Jeff would never tell you.

This is an official photo taken before they left for Iraq. He held out on me with this one. I didn't find out until last week that he had this. So, just for that, I'm going to share it with everyone. :O)
Throughout Jeff's 12 month deployment he earned some very nice recognition. But in the last month he earned a very nice compliment. He earned a bronze star. There is a good article on it on Wikipedia explaining what it is and where it fits in. From what I understand, there are only 4 Army medals higher than the bronze star. The commander that awarded him the medal said some really nice things about him at the ceremony and gave him another award after the ceremony. It is SO wonderful, as his wife, to hear that he is doing such a good job. It is great to hear that he is well liked, that he is so dedicated and that he impresses his superiors. Mostly, it is wonderful to hear that he is good at the job that he loves so much to do.
This is a scan of the actual citation. It explains why he deserved the award. If you click on the picture it should blow it up to full screen so you can read it better.
This is an example of the Bronze Star. I can't seem to get photos from Jeff of the actual "pinning on." So this will have to do.

This is an official photo taken before they left for Iraq. He held out on me with this one. I didn't find out until last week that he had this. So, just for that, I'm going to share it with everyone. :O)
As a side note, the Bronze Star is special to me for another reason. In World War II my Grandfather, Roland Bender, earned one also. That's pretty neat heritage to be able to pass on.



Wow! It just took me like a half and hour to read all your posts! It's my fault, I somehow missed that you had changed blogs again. So I kept checking your old one that ended with the Harry Potter thing... Well, Pat finally clued me in and linked it for me, and I've been trying to catch up now! I just have so much to say, but can't comment on everything, it was all so neat! Congratulations to Jeff for being so awesome! We are so happy for your family!
ReplyDeleteI "found" your blog through Emily's blog - and it was fun to catch up a little on your fam. Congrats Jeff! And Sarah - I love the pottery you made. That would chear me up everyday! Anyhoo - just wanted to say hi!
ReplyDelete